BIOLOGY CARD ACCESS
PROCEDURES & POLICY
In order for students, visiting non-employee, or visiting students to receive access to the Department of Biological Sciences research areas, you must complete the following training videos as required by the Department of Environmental Health and Safety.
Anyone found to be in the research labs areas, without completing the appropriate training will be asked to leave immediately!
Department of Environmental Health and Safety
- Back Safety and Injury Prevention
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Chemical Hygiene / Laboratory Safety
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Building Emergency Evacuation
- Fire Safety and Prevention
Make sure you save a copy of each certificate you receive, in PDF format. You will need to upload each certificate when filling out the Card Access Request Form.
Steps for Obtaining Card Access
- Request access to the training videos as outlined by the Department of Environmental Health and Safety by completing this FORM.
You will then receive an email with the subject of “You have an assignment from UNC Charlotte” within 24 – 48 hours (Monday – Friday)
Fill out the form and then for these questions please answer according to the image below:
After being assigned training in the Learning and Development Portal, complete the EHS required training videos
After completing all the safety training videos, fill out the Card Access Request Form where you will upload your training certificates in PDF format. Once the form is submitted, an email will be sent to the PI/Supervisor for their approval. Once the approval is received, processing begins. Please allow at least 24 hours (Monday – Friday) for your request to be processed. You will receive an email confirmation once your access has been granted.
Your lab supervisor or PI may require additional training videos per the requirement of that supervisor and/or PI
Returning Undergraduate Students
If you are a returning student and you have previously submitted your completed certificates, please email Keith Jung so that he can reinstate your card access* for the current semester.
*pending training certificate verification
Policy for Card Access
- Card access to Woodward Hall and the Science Buildings biology doors, and biology hallways is to be used for UNC Charlotte business only
- Card access is for individual use only
- Card access will be automatically terminated for employees and students when they leave the Department and/or the University
The above card access policies are subject to change at the discretion of the Departmental Chair. Users will be notified in advance of any policy changes. Failure to comply with the above terms will result in termination of card access to Woodward Hall and/or Science Building as well as all individual doors and hallway access.
For questions regarding card access: CARD ACCESS FAQ